Ministering to the Homebound
Take a moment to consider how you might feel if you could no longer attend your favorite Sunday School class or if you could no longer make it to worship at Union Grove Baptist Church services. What would your life be like without the fellowship of your church family and friends?
Many of our homebound members attended church all their lives before the circumstance of their health or the health of a loved one made it difficult to attend services. Many miss church fellowship profoundly. Are you willing to help keep their connection with their church family alive? The Homebound Ministry works hard to “bring the church home” to those in need through visits, cards, letters, and delivery of church service recordings on CD.
There are many different ways that we can all help in this ministry:
- Volunteer to call a homebound member regularly .
- Volunteer to send encouraging notes.
- Enlist your children to design creative greeting cards for the homebound.
- Volunteer to visit a homebound member once a month.
- Volunteer to drive those who need a ride to church.
- Pray. Pray that these men and women understand the value they still hold for this congregation. Pray that they understand how treasured their lives are in God’s eyes. Pray that people will be moved to reach out to our homebound members in meaningful ways.
Our homebound members, too, can help. Here are some ways :
- Pray for volunteers to offer continued spiritual care for the homebound members.
- Pray that the church will become aware of members who can no longer come to church but would benefit from continued caring contact.
- Pray for the church, the pastor, and the entire congregation.
- Pray for all the ministries and outreach of the church.
- Pray by name for those listed in “The Forward” as ill or bereaved or away on military service.
If you see a way you can help with this ministry or would like the church to be aware of people who might benefit from a visit, please leave a voice mail message at the church office, and our Homebound Ministry Team will contact you.